Friday, May 18, 2007

Being satisfied with what you are

I have been a mom now for about ten months and in this time, I have come across a number of different kinds of moms. I categorize them in the following ways:

A. The giddy mom
B. The worried mom
C. The competitive mom
D. The thoughtful mom

All of them have their own way of managing group dynamics. What makes me sad if how all of them wish they were more like the others. Me, I think I am the thoughtful mom with a hefty dose of worried. I learned that the stay-at-home moms I know wish they were more like me. A few of them are total giddy moms. The ones who can only talk about little Jimmy's belly button and toes, etc. They are so excited about EVERYTHING. I wish I could be more like them. But at the center of it, I suppose I should be really happy with the mom that I am and not spend so much brain power trying to measure up to something that is elusive at best.

No comments: