Thursday, May 3, 2007

Support is the key to everything

I know for sure that the most successful, happy working moms have support from two areas, good support. Those areas are their spouse and their employer. Right now, my employer is trying to kill me! I am accounable for an office. This office has to make money. In order to make money, my clients have to be happy. To achieve this, I need the right people working with clients and they need the right people supporting what we promise.

My boss is fab, she is incredibly supportive. But, there are two areas of our company that are broken and they are beginning to break me. I have two open positions that have been open for nearly two months. That means I am doing two and a half jobs not counting my job as mom.

The other area that creates a lot of stress is keeping these clients happy, if they are unhappy, they leave. In normal circumstances, we have sales people who have a pipeline of new clients to replace ones who leave. It is a normal cycle. Well, we have no pipeline making it all the more stressful when clients are unhappy. Needless to say, I am an UNhappy working mom these days. Head below water, feverishly tresding water, but truthfully getting nowhere. Time to start making a new plan.

Any ideas???

No comments: