Thursday, June 14, 2007

MAN DOWN!

I had to go to an insufferable business dinner this week. At the endof the dinner, after the client had left, I was the rude one texting. I was texting with hubby. I get home after a 15 hour day to a completely incapacitated hubby. He had food poisoning (or the flu, we aren't sure)! Needless to say, it was the saddest thing I have seen in a long time. It made me forget all about silly clients and their silly egos, because all I cared about in the whole world was right here in this house.

I was a stay at home mom yesterday and (SAKES ALIVE!!) it is the most tiring job ever. Boy was so confused and not feeling himself either, but I did it. I got up with him, comforted him, took care of him and played with him all day. I put him down for his naps and took him out and about. It was really fun and cool and HARD! Learnings from this episode is: no blog, no shower, no real lunch, but TONS of smiles and sense of accomplishment!

Today, when hubby was feeling better, I lolligagged so much in getting ready for work it was absolute comedy. This post is for all you brave (and lucky in your own way) women who get to stay at home!

1 comment:

Pumpkin Ceeds said...

Oh, thank you! thank you! thank you! Someone noticed that it's hard work to be at home! I laughed when I read about you not getting your shower. Just wait, one day you will be at home with boy and you'll sneak off for a 10 second shower, and you'll come back to a gallon of yogurt smeared all over your living room-fireplace,tv,coffee tables, area rugs...this is my life!!!

Hope husband is feeling better. Food poisoning/the flu suck!